Tuesday, March 10

Wedding Stories: My Luke Skywalker moment

It was one of the most delightful weddings I had the pleasure of being part of. The story was that Kristian was from the Big City up north; the bride, Leah, a small town girl from Iowa. They ended up at the same college together – but it was not there where they actually met. It was instead on a study abroad trip in England where they first crossed paths, and sparks flew immediately.

And now it was wedding day. The toasts after dinner were heartwarming. The father of the groom explained how HE was smitten with Leah after he had first met her. “But it took HIM (the groom) five years to get around to proposing!” he said. “I was thinking, ’C’mon man, what are you waiting for??’”

The toasts concluded when Kristian got up to say a few word of thanks to everyone for being there. He began by saying “Anyone here who knows me knows I’m a Star Wars fan,” which brought some chuckles to the room, “and Luke Skywalker once said ...” – and I wish I could remember the quote that he used, but he concluded by saying, “Well this is MY Luke Skywalker moment.”


It was so profound. It stuck to us like a Velcro ball on wool.

Kristian then went on to talk of Leah’s father, who unfortunately had passed away just some months before the wedding. He told funny stories - and some quirky rules - that his would-be father-in-law had (“Seven minutes in the shower!”), and he concluded by again thanking everyone for being there and he hoped to see everyone on the dance floor.

With that I let the guests know that the dessert bar was now open……. And I launched into the theme from Star Wars to enhance the moment!

These are the moments  that make a wedding day, the moments that will be remembered.
I can help create those moments – and I can help enhance them with music. What do you want your moments to be?

Until next time,
~ Michael ~




Questions? click the pic ↓




          


Disc Jockeys  |  Emcees  |  Entertainers
www.alexxus.com  |  563-590-5815

No comments:

Post a Comment