Tuesday, January 24

FAQ: Music Lists

Q. I’m beginning to make my music list for my reception. How may songs do you typically play in a 5-6 hour reception? Dancing Queen
A. The average is 15 songs per hour Dancing Queen ……. but I’m going to ask you to think a bit differently here. We get lists all of the time—I once had one of over 200 songs. “We’ll play them all,” I told the groom, “and then we’ll go out for breakfast, because that’s how long it will take to play


 200 songs :-). All kidding aside, I know why most people spend hours pouring over their music lists: they want their guests to dance and have fun, but just as important as the music is creating MOMENTS, (and I have to credit Sacramento DJ Randy Bartlett for that line). So instead of racking your brain trying to come up with six dozen songs, your time may be better spent on creating those moments. How do you do that? Call me.

Until next week,
~ Mike ~
www.facebook.com/alexxus.entertainment



          


Disc Jockeys  |  Emcees  |  Entertainers
www.alexxus.com  |  563-590-5815
Dubuque / Galena





No comments:

Post a Comment